Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A new trip in the plans!!!

Yay!!! Its been decided! I'm heading to Mumbai & Aurangabad this May!!! by now most of the pple who knows me well... are not surprise in the countries that I visit anymore. lol

In fact 1 of my friend & I were talking on msn... and we wanted to go somewhere in may. initially had decided on Tibet.... coz the both of us wanted to visit some nice place in Asia, where anywhere u take a picture, the picture will turn out nice. I quoting from another friend who had visited Tibet a few years ago. Furthermore, Tibet being in the high altitude regions... its better to visit it when we're still young. lol
We decided to change our destination, when i realised that I've got a duty @ work that will last from jan till june this year. So no choice, we can only go for a short trip. So we decided to head to India instead!

U may be wondering why india of all places? well, somehow, I managed to convince my friend to give India a try. Coz its 1 of the countries that I've always wanted to visit someday. I was more intrigued to see the Taj Mahal, Ref Fort & some of the majestic temples of India. Ironically, this time round, I'm not going up to Delhi, but the more metropolitian cities of India. and also the home of Bollywood. (not that I'm a fan of Bollywood) And I've also managed to convince my friend to include Aurangabad. hahaha... think this city may sound foriegn to most. Me too.... in fact i was googling on the places of interest of Mumbai, then they mentioned about the state on which mumbai is in. That's Maharashtra, then when I googled this, out popped the UNESCO heritage sites "Ajanta Caves" & "Ellora Caves" & also a picture of the 'Poor Man's Taj". these are pretty intriguing places... and decided to pay these places a visit since we'll be going to Mumbai.

Not to forget that we'll also be visiting some of the sights in Mumbai too.... but i doubt we'll be paying a visit to the Bollywood studios... hahaha... coz i read from the guidebook that the Bollywood tours maybe a little expensive. We're still finalising our plans for the trip. It will be a short 6 days getaway from singapore. hahaha... I'm juz very excited and really looking forward to this. We've managed to get another 2 other friends to join us in this trip also. It will be my maiden voyage to India. I'm not sure what to expect. My family members and some of my friends who knows about my travel plans are telling me to be extra careful and bring lots of charcoal pills. hahaha... yeah i think i will.

Well.... till then! I'll fill u up on my trip once i've been there and back in 1 piece! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment