Saturday, October 13, 2012

Køge & school

Have not been writing the past few weeks. Coz mainly I did not travel around much. Coz often the saturdays are always raining. Don't know why and sundays are usually sunny. Its not really good to go out on sundays as all the shops are close.... its better to go out on saturdays. But the problem is the rain! Urgh.

For the few weeks I had quite a bit of stuffs going on in school. attending the saftey courses, getting training to use the milling machines, attending introductory seminars etc. and the weather here is getting colder each day. especially in the mornings, when u step out of the house, the cold air hits you, and you can shiver.... the breathe that you breath out always have steam. so walking to sch each morning is a cold torture for me. but after the 1st 300m or so, my body will accustom to the coldness. the leaves on the trees are also turning into yellow, orange and red. I've taken a couple of photos of the area of the school that I visit daily. 
 Red Ivy leaves clinging on the walls of the building. The building behind is where my office is

 Cleanroom building. Its the largest Cleanroon in the whole of Scandinevia region. U can find all sorts of the most expensive cleanroom equipment here... not just 1 set but there are usually 2-3 sets. Its also the most colourful building in DTU. not the usual yellow bricks and black-lined windows. 

My desk in my office
Last week, I told myself I've got enough of staying in on saturdays. So i decided to head to Køge, its a sea-side town south of Københvan city. There were some problems with the train, but finally I reach Køge after about 1.5hrs. when the usual duration should take about 55min or so. 

I must say Køge is a rather nice town. This town is famous for the old and historical houses there.... Hmmm... I was lucky & yet unluck on that day. Lucky because it happens to be the 1st weekend of the month. So there was a huge village market that day. U can get all sorts of stuffs, exotic orchids (btw, Danes really love the orchids which I've got a a few pots of them at home in S'pore) and they are not too expensive. I mean u can get 1 pot for about 25 DKK - 50DKK. That's almost equilvalent to the price in SGD 5-10 in s'pore. I did not buy any coz its autumn here... and I don't know how good they will grow in my room. I don't want to be a plant murderer. hahaha.... =P 
One of the mumerous old houses in Køge

A round tower i saw in Køge
Streets of Køge

There were also numerous booths selling fresh produce (potatoes, apples etc.) and handicrafts. As i walked to the end of the market square. I saw something that was really interesting to me... but maybe not to the Danes. I saw a clothes line string across 2 posts and on it hanged pink ladies underwear! hahaha.... I've no idea what was happening... and it seems like i was the only foreigner in that square and I did not ask people what was happening. But I guess is was some sort of charity or creating awareness of something. 
Pink underwear day in Køge

Rows of yellow houses near to the wharf
 Boats docking in the stream
Dark clouds streaming in

There is another interesting sight in Køge. This is a mini-town museum here. In the museum, there are miniaturised old buildings and I wanted to see it. Its a short walk from the town center. As I stroll to the mini-town museum, the thing that i dread the most happen. Yeah it rained. I thought it would be just passing rain (coz passing rain is very common in Denmark), but the further i walk, the heavier the rain. I was fustrated.... coz it was cold and wet.... and knowing that its going to be difficult to balance the camera in 1 hand to take pictures and the brolly in the other hand to keep dry (but its impossible to be dry) i decided to call it a day. I only spent like close to 2hrs in Køge. Urgh, the rain! I boarded the train heading to Hillerød (which will pass by Københvan and Lyngby) In the train i was thinking if its not raining in Københvan, I get off here and walk around, if it is raining, then I'll head back to Lyngby and do my Danish Language homework and surf the net. But the worse scenario took place. It was raining in Københvan! Urgh! So i headed back to Lyngby to do my homework! 

And I tried my hand in cooking Cabonara from scratch for the 1st time! Think it was a success.... and I even watched youtube videos to get it right! =D
my 1st try at cooking carbonara

No comments:

Post a Comment