Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter in Denmark

Decided to write this entry after much thought. Coz I've not been visiting new places in the past 2 weekends... but the scenery & weather has changed drastically in Copenhagen. Yup! imagine my surprise when last Sun, i woke up, open the blinds and realised that the scenery outside was white! yeah.... just a short span of about 8hrs, it snowed... and covered everywhere in white. it was a pretty sight to me. Coz i went home around 12 the night before after visiting my colleague. we went to Copenhagen to check out the christmas decorations and also the christmas markets.
white snow everywhere outside my apartment
I must say, copenhagen looked different with all the festive lights. We wanted to go into Tivoli. Coz i checked that Tivoli has a great christmas market... and the deco inside is really wonderful and mesmerizing. but we did not enter.... coz there was a huge queue. by the way, its not cheap to enter Tivoli... every adult has to pay 100 DKK just to enter. If u want to take the rides, u got to pay somemore.
CPH city hall... looks a little scary in the red lightings
Tivoli with the lights
Anyway, Francesca and her son and me just strolled down Støget. and we saw christmas lightings, markets etc. and lots of people doing christmas shopping. 
The start of Støget with the christmas deco
hundreds of candles being lighted up for a cancer awareness event
a christmas market in CPH

And yesterday, I visited Malmö for the 2nd time. I must say, this time i visited Malmö, the town definitely look much nicer. coz there was no fog! and the sun came out... but it was still cold. but the town really looked nice. I went to Malmö with my 3 other friends. Its been sometime since we went out together... it was nice to meet up and go out together and catch up. =D
Malmö
people with their dogs. and some of the dogs are really very unique dogs.
that's me on the bridge leading to the town center of Malmö. My friend captured this while i was going to take a picture of the scenery
that's 4 of us on the bridge

these friends of mine, unlike my Italian friend, do not bring lunch when we go out. So, we ate at a restaurant that was serving pizza. i must say the pizza was good... really good.... italian pizza. =D
After lunch was walking around and checking out the shops on the different things they were selling. most shops were selling christmasy things.... and clothes. some were cheap but most are expensive. I saw numerous nice things... but these days when i want to buy something i will always think properly if i seriously need them. if not i would just place the items back onto the shelves. hmmm.... even clothes... hahaha.... i will always think if i really need them otherwise i wouldn't buy. these days, the only places that i will purchase and have to visit on a weekly basis is the supermarkets! hahaha.... coz i need the supplies to cook my dinner + lunch. =P
group photo in the town square
ice sculpture
the shopping streets decked out with christmas deco

but I must say that Malmö is nice. at the town square, they even have lights strung into the design of reindeer and bears, penguins and igloos. really nice. my friends and i had quite a great time in Malmö. 
me & the huge lighted reindeer
more lightings behind me
Malmö at night
And today? i was holed up in my apartment... i did not get out. coz it was snowing pretty heavily the whole day.... and the winds were really strong. so i cooked korean tofu stew for dinner to keep myself warm. it was my 1st try with korean stew. and it turned out pretty good. i'll be having the same thing for lunch tomorrow!

yup! that's it for the time being. guess the next time i'll be writing will most probably be sometime end of this month or in jan. =D

Merry X'mas everyone & a Happy New Year! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment