Monday, January 28, 2013

Bye bye Italy for now - 31st Dec

Today will be my last day in Italy.... I'll be heading back to Copenhagen today..... Wow! 10 days really passed by so quickly! Just unimaginable!
As I'll be taking the flight at 1321hrs, so i decided to take the shuttle bus at 0930hrs instead of 1030hrs. Coz you never know if you'll be caught in a traffic jam and reached the airport late.... furthermore today is New Year's eve... so you never know about the traffic conditions.....so I had my breakfast like yesterday.... then headed back to my room to watch a little of the news before checking out.
Moon is setting in the early morning skies (taken from my balcony)
The other side of the street (taken from my Balcony window)

Hmmm... another downside of the hotel, they did not have change for my 20€! Hmmm... I had to pay 6€ for the tourist tax.... so the guy charged it to my card! Charging to my card will cost me more! And I told the guy at the reception this! Anyway.... I've made up my mind that I'll not stay there again even when I visit Rome the next time!

So I carried my backpacks and headed to Roma Termini. It was about 15-20min walk..... and this time round I'm 'smarter'! hahaha.... coz i know that Terravision will probably only have 1 bus each hour.... and there maybe cancel of buses... you never know... coz there were quite a number of complaints of travellers who took this particular bus company. So I decided to take T.A.M. instead! And I must say this prooved to be a better choice! Coz the buses come every 30min! It cost me 4€ to get from Roma Termini to Fiumicino airport! so its cheaper than Terravision! Although it will make a detour to another train station to pick up more passengers... its ok... coz it still took 1hr to get to the airport!

I reached the airport pretty early.... I had like 1hr to kill before checking in my backpack.... so sat down and read my book.... Thank goodness i had the wisdom to purchase some muffins, and apples last evening at a supermarket. So later I could eat these on the plane as my lunch.... hahaha... to cut costs! After checking in my bags, i headed for the gates.... and finally i got onto the plane!
Departure hall of Fiumicino Airport. there's the iconic Leonardo da Vinci's Vitruvian Man

Looking down at Rome from the plane.... I must say that its a little sad that my holidays had ended.... and its back to reality 2 days later.... But I must say... this trip to Italy had been simply amazing! I mean I saw so much, ate so much good food when I was in Calabria, met so many Italian! It had been really wonderful! I must say yeah I had my share of touristic activities, but I also was able to get immersed in the Italian culture, family etc. This had been an amazing Christmas holidays ever for me! Definitely I'll visit Italy again in the near future! as what the Italians say 'Ciao!'
Ciao Italy for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment